Friday, August 5, 2011

Week 31 (July 30th - August 5th) | Picture 46

Another week has passed and I seriously question whether or not I will make my 52 week goal. I'm sure there are plenty of things to photograph. But once I get the toddler in bed, I am just lacking any drive to start a photography project. Part of this is because he is now going to bed later than ever. And part of it is because my job has been more stressful than normal over the last couple weeks. I hope I can keep it up through the end of the year, but I really have my doubts.

I saw a tutorial online for doing a floor-lit setup. Where you put your flash in the bottom of a cardboard box, lay a sheet of glass on top, and have the flash light your subject from the bottom. I played with it long enough tonight to realize that in this case I need at least 1 more and maybe even 2 more lights to properly light the object from above as well. Oh well. Fun experiment and a strong drink.



Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: 105mm f/2.8 macro
Aperture: f/8.0
Shutter Speed: 1/250
ISO: 200
Flash: SB-800 off camera, manual, 1/64th power
Exposure: manual

1 comment:

  1. Haha, YAY for margaritas!!!!! Love it, I kind of like it without a lot of extraneous light brightening up the darkness.

    ReplyDelete

All photos are protected under copyright. Powered by Blogger.