Friday, June 24, 2011

Week 25 (June 18th - June 24th) | Picture 39

There is no way I could follow up last week with anything that I was so excited about, and if you look at the timestamp on this post you'll notice that I almost missed this week entirely. (It was a busy, tiring week.)

I started out pretty unhappy with my project tonight, but it was either this or nothing, so when I was in LR I decided to crop it to something I was happy with. And I'm kinda liking the result:



Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: 105mm f/2.8 macro
Aperture: f/8.0
Shutter Speed: 1/250
ISO: 200
Flash: SB-800 off camera, manual, 1/64th power
Exposure: manual

The part of the image I didn't like was the glass at the bottom (so this is a pretty substantial crop). The wine was splattering and just looking messy.

No setup image this week, but the speedlight was sitting directly next to the wine glass pointed back at the white background. I could get away with such low flash power because the speedlight, subject, and background were all so close together. Pretty simple.

And now, I'm going to enjoy this sloppily poured glass of red wine and head to bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All photos are protected under copyright. Powered by Blogger.