Thursday, March 3, 2011

Week 9 (February 26th - March 4th) | Picture 18

When I started out this week, I thought I'd do a post about gels. I spent about 30 minutes tonight playing with some, and while the results were okay, I just wasn't really inspired to blog about any of them. (Maybe next week.)

Instead, I decided to use that cut up diaper box that I used in the smoke project for it's intended purpose - to allow diffused flash to come in from above.

The result:



Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: 105mm f/2.8 macro
Aperture: f/8.0
Shutter Speed: 1/320
ISO: 400
Flash: SB-800 off camera, manual, 1/64th power
Exposure: manual

The DIY/cheap/free setup is here. Flash is being shot through packing foam. The only real comments I think I have here are 1) that I wish the diaper box was taller so I could stand the glass up and 2) I really need to clean my plexiglass!

1 comment:

  1. I like the glass on the side. Next time add some water or something for a nice spilled wine effect. No, wait. Don't waste wine like that. ;)

    ReplyDelete

All photos are protected under copyright. Powered by Blogger.