Friday, January 28, 2011

Week 4 (January 22th - 28th) | Picture 7

Woohoo, I was able to sneak in another picture this week. We had a terrible storm here and were without power for 18 hours. Not fun with a toddler. But the ice made for some cool pictures.

I'm still struggling with my macro skills, but I think I'm slowing improving.



Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: 105mm f/2.8 macro
Aperture: f/4.5
Shutter Speed: 1/160
ISO: 800
Flash: none
Exposure: manual

Let's start by saying that I should not be hand holding this lens at that shutter speed, but I took a burst of pictures, so luckily I hit focus on one or two. Where I am really struggling is with the insanely narrow DOF that comes along with macro photography. You can see that the bubbles in this icicle are sharp, but the bottom fatter part of the icicle is a bit soft. As I've said before, my macros are a work in progress.

BTW, you'll notice a seemingly minor change in my EXIF data above. That's right, my D300 has been replaced by a D700 and holy moly, I am in love!

2 comments:

  1. I think you are doing great on your macros, they are all fantabulous. Whatevs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want a macro now. It's been on my wish list for some time and this makes me want it more!

    ReplyDelete

All photos are protected under copyright. Powered by Blogger.